EnglishMeeting.com Discussion Podcasts

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Discussion Podcast 4, Part 1 Illegal Immigration

A compelling discussion on a sensitive issue: illegal immigration. Why are certain ethnic groups blamed? If borders were more open, what would happen to the country? If countries didn’t have illegal immigrants working for less pay, would the country be able to survive? Where do we draw the line?

Strong views from an international group representing Iran, Korea, Japan, France, Mexico, & America.

www.EnglishMeeting.com

3 Comments:

  • Glad to hear it! It is a bit strange to hear yourself, but the payoff can be very big. Keep working on pronunciation and keep coming to the podcasts!

    By Blogger Dave Sconda, at 11:33 PM, April 07, 2006  

  • It was first time that I participated in the potcasting.
    It was really interesting and good practice for conversation.
    listening to myself I realized that I was too shy to give my opinion. I was a litte afraid of speaking because I din't have a confidence. Sometime I am still afraid of speaking English but I'll try to overcome this point.

    Layla.K

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:22 AM, June 12, 2006  

  • This was a great topic to discuss. It was great to hear opinions from different parts of the world.
    I agree with Ji's opinions, inmigrants come here because of medical care, education, overall to better their lives.
    And about the guys that are outside "Home Depot", not all of them are Mexicans. That is an stereotype. I had talked to those people once, while I was waiting for a friend. And it happened that there are people from other countries besides Mexico, like El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, etc. And they are great people that look for job oportunities. One of them said that by being out there, there is a chance to find a temporary job related to manual work.
    It was interesting to hear how inmigration is affected in different countries like France, Iran, Korea, Mexico and Japan.

    Great discussion, loved it.

    Jessica
    =)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:51 PM, June 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home